Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Completed Vintage Swimsuit!

So for those of you who have been reading my blog for a little while, you will remember my posts about sewing a vintage swimsuit and coat from an original vintage pattern.  If you want to catch up you can find the posts here and here.

And then there was my post earlier in the week about the photo shoots for my sewing projects...

When you combine these together you get this post!

So here is the original pattern envelope:


And here is my version - featuring me!


Please excuse my dodgy photoshop cutting out!  I really like this idea so I'm going to invest in a proper background setup so I won't have to cut myself out in future.  And I also avoided the temptation to shave a few kilos off, or make my waist smaller!

The garment itself is great - I love wearing it around the house when its warm, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the matching jacket!  For me it is a win/win.  However I would not swim in it.

Not sure on your opinion, but I think that cotton is not my favourite fabric for swimwear, unless the garment uses elastic.  The only elastic in this swimsuit is in the legs, and thats not going to help me if it wants to fall down when wet is it!

I'd appreciate some feedback on my pattern envelope recreation idea now that you've seen it.

Until next time!

Beccie

3 comments:

  1. Oh my you beautful doll you! I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE it! You are so talented! I am hoping one day when my kiddies are a wee bit older that I can try my hand at sewing...one day! Its so beautiful! Omg!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog while searching for vintage swim/play suit inspiration.and I i Love your re-created pattern envelope.:)

    kristine~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Kristine - I think its a great way to show my creations!

    ReplyDelete