Sunday, December 15, 2013

Thankyou Pantone!!!

Did you know that there is this company in the US called Pantone that is the 'global colour authority' and at the end of every year they make a colour prediction for the coming year?

Well just look what they've picked for 2014:


Yes, that's right, they have picked my favourite colour!!!

Radiant Orchid is "an enchanting harmony of fuschia, purple, and pink undertones' and it 'inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health'.  It is also 'a dazzling attention-getter'.

Yipee!!!  There is so much of this colour in my wardrobe!!!

For I start I have these dresses that you might remember from Frocktober:




I have more lilac dresses...lots more... and capri pants, and tops, and cardigans, and skirts... and these pants that I made to cure my pantsophobia:

Gee my hair has gotten a lot redder since then...

And I have these fabulous bangles:

All but three of these are bakelite.  There are two lucite, and one fakelite.

Not to mention shoes and handbags and hair flowers!!!

Yes, I do have a pair for each of these shoes!

So its it just me or is a massive company giving me permission to indulge in my favourite colour???

Beccie
xxx

9 comments:

  1. I love all these dresses but the 1st one is my favourite then the hydrangea's I love etsy but nothing seems to fit my size at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be so hard buying vintage Vickie - I find it hard to find stuff I like in my size too...

      Delete
    2. So, is dress no 1 (my absolute fav) made from a pattern? I apologize if stated and I missed the statement. I would be interested in the pattern is why I am asking. Could someone let me know, please?

      Cheers,

      Lyric
      lyric@sewandcro.com

      Delete
    3. No honey, its an original 1950s vintage dress. You may be able to find a pattern like it...

      Delete
    4. Thanks Beccie! :-) Just seeing your response today after stumbling on me pinning this in my Pinterest.

      Delete
  2. I'm glad I found your blog! I started sewing again the same time you did, and now I'm making vintage-modernist designer knock-offs from way back when. I love this color, too; if your eyes are blue it makes the color in them pop. Hmm...maybe a Schiaparelli wrap for spring?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My eyes sure are blue! And its so nice on my skin too, really flattering :)

      Delete
  3. The perfect excuse to add a new color to my wardrobe. I've actually never worn much pink or purple, but will definitely be looking for fabric in this palette for spring and summer sewing.
    By the way, this color looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you're all ready to welcomein the new pantone 2014 season! ;D

    ReplyDelete